Overview of the Day
What should you expect on Wednesday, July 24th?
- Floor Committees 9, 8, 5, 6, 7, 2, 4, and 10 will be bringing resolutions throughout the day. As it is the last full day of convention business, it is possible that other committees not listed will be called to present as well.
- Elections of various boards of regents remain. (see below for recommendations).
- Convention Essay by Rev. Dr. Gottfried Martens
- The President-Elect’s Reception will be held in the evening.
Key Items of the Day
Many important resolutions remain to be brought to the floor. Consult the chart on pp. 383–384 in Wednesday’s Today’s Business for what remains to be dealt with.
Remaining Elections Recommendations
On Wednesday elections to certain boards of regents will be concluded. In particular, voting will pick up with the remaining ordained minister seat on the Concordia St. Louis Board of Regents. We strongly recommend a vote for Bruce E. Keseman to this seat. All of our other remaining election recommendations are below.
Special Instructions: When more than one recommendation is listed, please vote for the FIRST name until that person is elected, then move on to the second name.
SAINT LOUIS REGENTS
Ordained Minister: Bruce E. Keseman (incumbent)
Commissioned Minister: Michael S. Staub
Layperson: Mark O. Stern (incumbent)
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY SYSTEM COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY BOARDS OF REGENTS
CONCORDIA BRONXVILLE BOARD
Ordained Minister: Jon M. Ellingworth (incumbent)
Commissioned Minister: Ross E. Stueber (incumbent)
Layperson (elect 2): Mark E. Gruenwald
Layperson: David M. Wolf (incumbent)
CONCORDIA CHICAGO BOARD
Ordained Minister: Michael R. Knox
Commissioned Minister: Carol R. (Umbach) Johnson
Layperson (elect 2): Edward C. Kopff, then
Layperson: John Hrehov
CONCORDIA IRVINE BOARD
Ordained Minister: Scott C. Klemsz (incumbent)
Commissioned Minister: Jeffrey S. Beavers (incumbent)
Layperson (elect 2): Susan L. Christian, then
Layperson: Peter K.S. Lee (incumbent)
CONCORDIA NEBRASKA (SEWARD) BOARD
Ordained Minister: James H. DeLoach
Com: no recommendation
Layperson (elect 2): Timothy Hu (incumbent), then
Layperson: Jill M. Johnson (incumbent)
CONCORDIA PORTLAND BOARD
Ordained Minister: Timothy J. Pauls (incumbent)
Commissioned Minister: David O. Berger
Layperson (elect 2): Michael P. Borg (incumbent), then
Layperson: Brian T. Yamabe
CONCORDIA SAINT PAUL BOARD
Ordained Minister: Dennis L. Voss
Commissioned Minister: Mark J. L’Heureux (incumbent)
Layperson (elect 2): Amy S. Wenthe (incumbent), then
Layperson: Robert P. Wurl
CONCORDIA TEXAS (AUSTIN) BOARD
Ordained Minister: Nathaniel W. Hill (incumbent)
Commissioned Minister: no recommendation
Layperson (elect 2): Bob Ssekyanzi, then
Layperson: Thomas J. Zachman
CONCORDIA WISCONSIN (MEQUON) BOARD
Ordained Minister: David C. Fleming (incumbent)
Commissioned Minister: Gary Petersen
Layperson (elect 2): Alison C. Witte, then
Layperson: Deborah J. Davidson (incumbent)
Recap of Tuesday, July 23rd
- Rev. Nabil Nour preached to the Convention during Matins on Tuesday morning. Watch/listen to the service here.
- Floor Committees 11, 2, 10, 9, 5, 6, and 3 brought resolutions to the floor
- Elections were held to various board and commissions of the LCMS, including the CTCR, CPH Board, and some of the Seminary Boards of Regents seats.
- Several special recognitions occurred: newly elected and outgoing Synod Board of Directors; newly elected and outoing Praesidium; and Church body guests in attendance.