Overview of the Day
What’s on the orders of the day for Monday, July 22nd?
- Floor Committees 7, 1, 5, 12, 9, 2, and 10 throughout the day
- Elections of Secretary of Synod and Synod Board of Directors seats
- Convention Essay by Rev. Thomas Egger
- Special presentation on military chaplains
Key Items of the Day
The key item(s) of the day are again the elections: Balloting will be held for Secretary of Synod – we recommend without hesitation a vote for Rev. Dr. John Sias. Elections will also be held for various positions on the LCMS Board of Directors. See below for our voting recommendations regarding the Board seats.
Board of Directors Election Recommendations
Various seats on the Synod Board of Directors are up for election on Monday morning at 10 a.m. We at Synod Convention Update concur with our friends at The United List, and recommend a vote for the following:
- At-Large, Commissioned Minister: Jan H. Lohmeyer
- Central Region, Layperson: Andrew N. Grams
- West-Southwest Region, Layperson: Dr. Jesse L. Yow
- At-Large, Layperson: Christian A. Preus (Incumbent)
Recap of Sunday, July 21st
- Rev. Christopher Esget preached to the Convention during Matins on Sunday morning. Read the amazing sermon here, or watch/listen to the service here.
- Delegates heard President’s Report, Part 3 from Synod President Matthew Harrison
- Rev. Herb Mueller received two standing ovations, and in-between gave an excellent convention essay
- Floor Committees 1, 4, 2, 6, and 11 brought resolutions to the floor
- Elections were held for 1st Vice-President and Regional Vice-Presidents. Rev. Peter Lange was elected 1st Vice-President. Rev. Ben Ball, Rev. Christopher Esget, Rev. John Wohlrabe, Rev. Nabil Nour, and Rev. Scott Murray were all elected and then ranked. All were Synod Convention Update recommended candidates!