The LCMS elects five regional Vice-Presidents at each regular convention. These men represent the five regions into which the Synod is divided.
This year 4 of the 5 regions see incumbents up for election. We at Synod Convention Update encourage a vote for each of these incumbents. They are:
- East-Southeast Region: Christopher S. Esget
- Great Lakes Region: John C. Wohlrabe, Jr.
- Great Plains Region: Nabil S. Nour
- West-Southwest Region: Scott R. Murray
The Central Region will elect a new Regional Vice-President this year. Synod Convention Update recommends a vote for Benjamin T. Ball for the office of Central Region Vice-President.
Rev. Ball is pastor of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Hamel, IL, in the Southern Illinois District. A review of his Bio shows his involvement in:
- Chairman of the Committee for Convention Nominations for the 2019-22 triennium
- SID leadership, serving as 2nd Vice-President of the District.
- previous conventions as delegate;
- floor committees at previous and the current convention;
- in other Synodical conferences on worship and leadership;
- District committees and commissions, both in SID as well as NID and New England;
We especially think Pastor Ball’s personal statement is noteworthy:
“I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. They will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd” (John 10:10, 16). We listen to Jesus, receive His life, and live for Him that the world might listen and have life. C. F. W. Walther wrote that a Synod’s “primary duty is to be faithful to the Confessions in word and deed.” As members of the one flock, we know it is our duty to faithfully live in word and deed. I would be honored to serve as a vice-president, assisting our Synod to hear the voice of Jesus and be faithful to Him.
For more information on Rev. Ball and all the other nominees for Regional Vice-President, please see the Biographical Synopses & Statements of Nominees document.